Monday, January 31, 2011

Planning Vacations

My fiance loves to ride his motorcycle, in 2010 we went to Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota, I was not looking forward to it and driving 2000 across the country was alittle scary. We trailered the bike which was a good thing and we followed our friends who were in the truck in front, but it actually was a great 7 days and cannot wait to go again. I will post more pictures of our vacation later.

This year we are planning a vacation to New Hampshire trying to keep it alittle cheaper during bike week. I have never gone to Laconia so this should also be a little adventure. During bike week they close the road up Mt. Washington to cars and only allow motorcycles..Hhhmm not sure how I feel towards this. It would be great to go up there again but I remember it being really scary. The first time I went I was little and me and my dad went up in a van they have that just drives people up and back. I remember the tires on my side (of course) being litterally on the side of the pavement rite on the side of the mt with a straight drop off with no guard rails. The second time my Father drove.
But now I have a really good camera and it being the highest point in New Hampshire I should be able to get some really nice shots. It looks like I will be following him up in my car as I want to look for moose on a day that we are there and I refuse to do that on the bike..lol

In October we are going to West Virginia and staying in a Yurt so that should be another adventure. My fiance has always wanted to do Skyline drive and when your a biker there are certain trips and roads that almost all of them want to do. But that should also be really nice with the fall foliage although we will be about 2 weeks before their peak. I love the outdoors although not overly active for long hikes...lol he is planning something else for me to enjoy. I have a choice of a national park or a cave and both I would really like to do but I don't think we will have the time. So I told him to decide.

In August we are talking about going to Nova Scotia but that is an easy plan as his family lives there so we really don't need to plan anything, just call them and tell them we are on our way. All we really need to plan is getting our passports and telling our jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment