Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jewelry

I worked with a woman for about 5 years, when I meet her I didn't like her but she never did anything for me to have that feeling so after a few years I had brushed it off as "it's just me" she asked me to show her how to make jewelry. Ok not liking it but she was kinda a friend so I told her I would do it. I am the type of person that even if I get these bad feelings about people I will help if you need it until you do something to me then I can hold a grudge for life. I make and sell jewelry as a hobby but it's not a job for me, she was into the bigger pieces where I deal mainly in crystals and make elegant pieces. So I was upset but at the time her style was different.
She asked if I wanted to do a fair with her, ok it was $20 for the table and according to her "we both had to make a donation piece" but she was the one who had to drop it off, kinda strange but I again brushed it off. I had told her that it would be alot easier seeing we were at the same table to have seperate bags to keep the money in and keep the tags with our initails on it to keep track of what we sell. She insisted that we put our money together. Ok now I'm getting suspicous.
I sold to people I work with and I started to hear stories that whenever I made a piece for someone she would tell them oh I can make that much cheaper why didn't you ask me...I have been selling to these people for couple of years. So I called the people handling the fair and asked them how it worked for each table, they had told me 2 people cannot sell at the same table and they only require 1 donation gift per table. Ok now I'm getting pissed I pay for a table that I am not supposed to sell at and you're leaving it to me to make the donation gift while you put no money into this fair at all except for things you can make money on.
I confronted her on this she flipped we were friends on Facebook and instantly deleted and blocked me. I sent her an email which was not vulgar "which I can be when pissed" just basically telling her that I knew she lied to me about the fair and I know what she is doing and saying to my customers, and that I had no ill feelings towards her but would apreciate her to stop trying to steal people from me if they like her stuff then they like her stuff but don't undercut me and steal my designs. Her husband then sent me a threatening email mind you I could not get ahold of Jen to talk to her and I wasn't on the same working schedual as her. I also had a Facebook Fanpage which during the night her husband had defaced my page which I had to change my name and close out my page that I worked hard in creating.
About a year and a half ago I had made a beautiful set for a woman I work with it's Sterling Silver and made up of clear and Xilion crystals, lately she has been wearing it everytime I see her. "Ok great it's holding up well and still looks great". I went on Jen's fan page and sure enough she copied it only difference is she changed it to red and white and of course mine is put together 10xs better, but even still this is how you repay a person who got you started and gave you supplies in which I paid for to help out????
this is my fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kristens-Kreations/299914717317?ref=ss

this is jens http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennifers-Jewels/261220901583?v=wall

she has copied alot of my pieces but the latest is the red and white necklace that has just been posted

No comments:

Post a Comment